The Friedrich-Ebert-Stiftung (FES) Nigeria calls for applications from qualified youths for its Youth Development Programme – "Open Minds – Young Voices" 2019.
The goal of this programme is to provide a group of young, capable and proactive Nigerians with the skills and knowledge that will enable and encourage them to use their future leadership positions to work and advocate for social justice, good governance and a more peaceful Nigeria. Modules for the programme include skills trainings on project management, group facilitation, conflict management, advocacy and leadership. It also touches on issues of socio-economic and political relevance in Nigeria.
Who is Eligible?
The programme targets youths who are active from all sectors of the society, especially from trade unions, civil society organizations, research institutions, administration, educational institutions and the media. These potential candidates would have shown their commitment to representing the common interest of the Nigerian people.
- be creative, progressive and willing to become change agents;
- must have the potential to be positive role models;
- be at least 18 and not above 32 years by time of application;
- be conversant with socio - economic and political issues in Nigeria;
- be able to communicate fluently in English;
- take care of their transportation to/from the training;
- be resident in Abuja or surrounding.
- *** Women are strongly encouraged to apply!
Location and Period of Programme:
- Abuja, Wuse II
- Between 16 - 18 weekends
- From March to November, 2019
- Every second and fourth weekends of the month
- Saturdays 9.00am – 5.00 pm and Sundays 12.00 pm – 5.00 pm
How to Apply?
All applications should
- consist of an up-to-date Curriculum Vitae
- Letter of motivation answering the question "How will the Programme improve my Work for the Common Good of the Nigerian Society?" (500-1000 Words) and
- To be emailed to intern2(at)fes-nigeria.org before November 21, 2018
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted!